Saturday, July 9, 2016

Jimmy Johns and Puppy Dogs

Two things I miss about home - Jimmy Johns and my sweet, sweet puppies. Of course I miss more than that, like family and friends, but MAN have I been craving a #1 from JJ's and some cuddles with my pups. Especially after a frustrating Thursday.

Thursday, my bike lock wouldn't unlock. So, I had to go to the bike rental place - 25 min. commute each way - to get oil for the lock. That didn't work. So then I went BACK to the rental place, had to get a new bike, still yellow and has a bell, which is nice. After getting the new bike, I went and got my hair cut which was nerve racking, but then had to go BACK to the bike rental place because the handle bars and seat kept swiveling while I was riding... Needless to say I did not get much accomplished on Thursday.

Friday we went to Malmo for class to see Bo 01 - a sustainable community near the harbor. I had seen the neighborhood before when I had visited Malmo previously, but it was more interesting to gain more information about it and the area. Like, the Turning Torso was inspired by a dead dogs' spine... Crazy how people get inspired. After class ended, some of us stayed behind and went to the Form Design Center and walked to the castle which was kind of disappointing, but the park surrounding it was beautiful.

Today, I went to the Louisiana Museum, a modern art museum about 30 minutes north of CPH. It was an incredible experience. The exhibits were beautiful, the building itself is an incredible structure and is integrated into the surrounding environment so so well. There's trails leading to the water with docks and rocks you can step out on and walk across. Incredible.

Tomorrow is going to be a work filled day for a project check-in on Monday... This will be interesting...

Side street in Malmo
Windmill near the castle in Malmo
Kusama Infinity/Illumination Room at Louisiana Museum

View from Louisiana Museum - modern dock



No comments:

Post a Comment